The Online Scribblers platform includes courses especially designed for students in grades 3 to 12 with at least moderate keyboarding skills and an interest in improving their writing while exploring new fields.
Students in all grade levels will have a full week to complete work. All courses are asynchronous and presented in written format with easy to understand examples and text. There is no specific or required time to login or view lessons. This allows students to work at their own pace and around their own busy schedules.
Each weekly class includes individual and personalized instructor feedback and critique with specific goals for improvement.
Online Scribblers classes include the following segments:
- Journal: Students complete a prompt response journaling activity to enhance their write-on-demand and self editing skills. The instructor leaves individual commentary as well as helps the student develop personal writing goals for improvement and growth.
- Lesson Content with understanding check points: Students will progress through one or two written lessons with examples as well as check point questions to test their understanding as the lesson progresses. Students have the option to return to the lesson as many times as they need to grasp important concepts and review.
- Assignment: Students complete a longer writing assignment which utilizes the skills taught during the lesson content. This assignment is assessed by the instructor and personalized feedback for improvement given.
- Opinion Forum: Students will be asked to provide feedback regarding their experience during the week's class. They might be asked to reflect on their inspiration, ideas, or difficulties and share with the other students taking the class. This is a great way for students to interact with their peers and develop a writerly friendship.
- Glossary: A full glossary of terms pertinent to the course lessons will be provided for easy reference by students.
- Weekly Quiz: Students complete a 10 question multiple choice quiz on the previous week's lesson as a way to keep information fresh and repetitive.
At the end of the 8 week session, students receive a personalized course evaluation of their generalized and course specific writing skills stating proficiencies and areas for improvement.
Only $159 per class!